Reports To: General Manager
The Senior Estimator will be responsible for coordinating and developing estimates for tenders with the sales staff. This individual will create value in the tendering process by way of precise estimating and bidding, resulting in a more streamlined procurement system.
* Review project drawings and specifications to determine scope of work
* Detailed project estimating, including material take-offs and specification reviews with management and sales team
* Tender/bid review and subsequent reporting to analyze results
* Ongoing project management to administer changes in the scope of work and cost to complete
* Prepare preliminary project budgets for ongoing tracking before/during/after completion
Successful candidates should be able to demonstrate the following:
* Completion of Building Technology certificate from an accredited institution like BCIT or others.
* Minimum of 3-5 years experience in the construction industry and/or related estimating role
* A highly organized and detail-oriented approach to estimating and tendering
* Proficient in Microsoft Project, Excel and Outlook
* Ability to prepare detailed budgets relating to tenders and ongoing projects
* Experience in construction tender closings and bid submission
* A full understanding of flooring materials/components is an asset but not required
* A proven ability to work well with others
About Island Floor Center: Island Floor Center is Vancouver Island's first choice for flooring expertise and installations. Showcasing the best showroom in Victoria, we offer a wide selection of flooring options for all aspects of the building industry and have a strong installation team to take care of any sized project.
Compensation: Six figures
Please send resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
|Last hour||Last 24 hours||All|